Who Should Apply?
All types and stages of companies are accepted. Some of the traits which increase our interest and will
endear angel investors to your company are as follows:
- Emerging growth companies
seeking first of early round of funding totalling less than $3 million.
- Buyouts and acquisitions under $3 million.
actual current revenue is quite attractive, we do express interest in pre-revenue companies if many other factors are attractive.
- High growth potential, e.g. expected ROI to be at least 30% or ideally greater
than 5-7 times the investment with projected exit in 3-5 years.
strong, cooperative management team in place with sales experience in the targeted market segments.
- Well-defined and analyzed segmented market which is large or fast growing.
- Clear marketing plan including details on distribution channels, positioning, marketing, promotion,
- Clear and detailed competitor analysis and
unique selling proposition.
- Understandable proprietary
technology. Patents are nice .... but the ability to defend them is nicer!
- Impressive milestones.
- Significant investment
by management and controlling owners. We like to see that you have skin in your own game!
- High quality outside advisors and early investors.
- Clear plan for "Use of Funds."
justifiable valuation. We are open to outrageously high valuations as long as you can explain why!
Odds of Getting Accepted. AVF typically receives more than 1,500 qualified applications. Only
a small number of companies are invited to make live presentations or make it through our collective screening process. Approximately
25 companies each year are invited to make live presentations before our larger group throughout the year. And, in 2017 our
format will be changing to limit our review of companies attending the education sessions or who are otherwise referred to
us through our larger network of investors and investor groups including but not limited to the investors and investor groups