Who Should Apply?
Some of the traits which increase our interest include the following:
growth companies seeking first of early round of funding totalling less than $3 million.
and acquisitions under $3 million.
- While actual current revenue is quite attractive, we do express
interest in pre-revenue companies if many other factors are attractive.
- High growth potential, e.g. expected
ROI to be at least 30% or ideally greater than 5-7 times the investment with projected exit in 3-5 years.
- Experienced, strong, cooperative management team in place with sales experience in the targeted market
- Well-defined and analyzed segmented market which is large or fast growing.
marketing plan including details on distribution channels, positioning, marketing, promotion, and sales.
- Clear and detailed competitor analysis and unique selling proposition.
proprietary technology. Patents are nice .... but the ability to defend them is nicer!
- Significant investment by management and controlling owners. We like to see that you have skin
in your own game!
- High quality outside advisors and early investors.
plan for "Use of Funds."
- Reasonable, justifiable valuation. We are open to outrageously
high valuations as long as you can explain why!
Odds of Getting Accepted. AVF typically receives more than 1,500 qualified applications. Only a small number of companies are invited
to make live presentations or make it through our collective screening process. Approximately 25 companies each year are invited
to make live presentations before our larger group throughout the year. And,beginning in 2017 our format limits our review
of companies attending the education sessions or who are otherwise referred to us through our larger network of investors
and investor groups including but not limited to the investors and investor groups listed here.